Residents Of Wuhan Where Coronavirus Started Have Gone Back To Work After Defeating The Virus - DaOptimistic World

Hot

Search

ShareThis

Monday, 23 March 2020

Residents Of Wuhan Where Coronavirus Started Have Gone Back To Work After Defeating The Virus

Residents Of Wuhan Where Coronavirus Started Have Gone Back To Work After Defeating The Virus
Wuhan

Central China residents have been allowed to return to work after no new coronavirus case has been recorded.

Remember that coronavirus was first discovered in China's Wuhan area which forced the government to order a two-month lockdown.

In Wuhan city, the relaxation of restrictions comes as Chinese health officials announced no new local cases of the deadly virus on Monday but confirmed another 39 infections brought from overseas.

Residents of Wuhan assumed to be safe can travel around the city and take the bus or subway as long as they show ID, officials said.

They can also return to work after being screened for the virus and getting a health certificate, if they have a permit from their employer, and leave the city for other parts of the surrounding Hubei province.

The virus, which appeared on a market in December that sold wild animals, triggered a dramatic city lockdown on January 23 that was then extended to nearly 60 million people in the rest of the province.
The number of infected persons has slowed dramatically and for five straight days and no new cases have been found in Hubei.
Another nine people died in Wuhan, the National Health Commission said in its most recent update on Monday.

The relaxation of restrictions follows a visit to the city by Chinese President Xi Jinping earlier this month— his first since the crisis erupted.
As infection rate in China is slowing, the rest of the world has stepped up measures to try and fight the raging pandemic.
China is worried about an influx of infections from other countries, with the number of cases being transported steadily increasing to 350 in recent weeks.

Of the 39 new cases registered on Monday, there were 10 in Shanghai, and 10 in Beijing.
Many towns have adopted strict guidelines for quarantining new arrivals.
Authorities have said that all international flights bound to Beijing will be diverted to other cities where they will be screened for the virus to help make the process more effective.
Those who get the all-clear will be allowed to continue to quarantine facilities in Beijing, where they will also be sent to.
More than 81,000 cases have now been found in China, and the death toll has reached 3,270.

No comments: